12.01.2011

And the Stockings Were Hung...

Our stockings are hung and ready to be filled!! Parents, you should have gotten a letter today about stuffing our stockings. Each child needs to bring 19 items of something small to put in our stockings! Your letter should say what day your child is to bring their items.
I have some examples of our Christmas writing so far this week:
{I am going to make a gingerbread house.}
{I like to open presents in front of my family.}
I love to see how well they are writing and sounding out their words!!

Today we read The Legend of the Poinsetta and discussed Christmas in Mexico! We had a great time learning Christmas traditions in Mexico, learning Spanish words and singing Feliz Navidad!
Before reading the book, I had the students draw a picture of what they thought the book would be about and then they shared with the class their predictions. They always do such a great job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment