12.07.2011

The Elves and the Shoemaker

We have been learning how to measure things this week for Math. I found several fun Smart Board activities to help teach my students how to measure things!

Here they had to count how many cubes tall the giraffe was
Here they had to line up the objects from tallest to shortest
We are definitely enjoying our new Smart Board!

For Literacy today, we read The Elves and the Shoemaker.
And then we discussed the characters, setting, and events
After retelling the story we finished our Community Helpers anchor chart.
For writing today the students had to come up with an elf name and job and write two sentences about it. They did such a good job!! This has been their best writing all year! Here are some examples:
"My elf's name is Santa. And his job is give toys to boys girls."
"My elf's name is Pointen. My elf makes shoes."
"My elf's name is bubble. My elf's job is wrap new shoes."
"My elf's name is Sarah Murphy. My elf helps santa. I have a Christmas tree with decorations. I like to play in the snow. I love you."

I so excited to see them writing on their own!


No comments:

Post a Comment